PHASE 1: Courtyard & Youth Art Gallery
Total Project Budget: $1,200,000
Phase 1 Budget: $245,000
Phase 1 Funding Status: Complete
Phase 1 Construction Status: Complete
Phase 1 of Expanding our REACH includes:
- Lansing’s first Youth Art Gallery provides public space to showcase REACH student artwork in a professional setting. The gallery provides youth experience in curating and participating in a professional exhibition furthering their engagement and skill development in the arts and leadership. The Youth Art Gallery was unveiled in March of 2015 showcasing our Teen Studio portfolio show. New youth art will be featured approximately 4 times a year. Open hours are during REACH programming or by appointment.
- The Courtyard provides safe and beautiful outdoor space for lively summer campers during snack and lunch breaks, special events, art exhibits, and social gatherings. The courtyard is surrounded by 3 buildings which protect the area from Washington Ave traffic. Mural walls, garden beds and a lawn area create an appealing space directly outside the gallery entrance. Future plans include kinetic sculpture installations and more garden plantings. With the completion of the Main Hub (phase 2), students in the new main classroom will have a view into the courtyard through 3 large windows.
Click to donate to Phase 2 of our expansion project!
Thank you to Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA), Capital Region Community Foundation (CRCF), Ingham County and the Power of We Consortium, over 300 individual donors, and the crowdfunding platform, Patronicity.com that helped to make this phase possible! Below view some images from the development process, our Patronicity campaign video, and more!
- Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- The Power of We Consortium
- Capital Region Community Foundation